Having a backyard swimming pool is a product of your hard work and the money you have poured in. It is also the realization of your dreams. You might as well protect your investment with another investment – pool covers in Stockton.
Many people think that pool covers only protect the swimming pool from becoming dirty, and that it’s an unnecessary accessory. This is not the case.
The following lists a few good reasons why swimming pool covers are an investment:
- Perhaps the number one reason why people install covers over their pools is to keep the water clean. A pool cover prevents leaves, branches, twigs and other debris falling because of blowing winds. It also prevents water that’s flowing from the deck which may also bring in the dirt, grime and other contaminants that make the pool dirty and so no one wants to swim in them.
- A pool cover protects the pool water from evaporating. When your swimming pool is not covered all day, it is exposed to the sun and wind which contributes to your pool water’s evaporation, which leads to water loss. A pool cover prevents evaporation by barring the water vapors from drifting in the air, which in turn converts them into droplets of moisture. This process helps in increasing the pool water level.
- A pool cover also blocks out sunlight from penetrating the pool water, which in turn inhibits algae from growing and thriving. This will save you from spending a lot of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- A pool cover can help reduce chemical consumption by 35% to 60%. It’s because a pool cover helps in retaining the pool water’s chemical balance and prevents the sanitizing pool water chemicals from evaporating.
- While a pool cover prevents water from evaporation, it also retains its warm temperatures at the same time. Using pool covers to keep your pool water warm is more energy-efficient than running a water heater, which results in big energy savings.
If you’re looking to save energy bills but would still like to swim in a warm pool, solar pool covers or thermal pool covers should be the best option for you. Both solar and thermal pool covers work by minimizing the effects of evaporation in your pool water while keeping it warm at the same time.
Bonus benefits of using pool covers: A safety pool cover prevents drowning for children and pets. Make sure that a pool cover has passed the ASTM safety standards to be considered a “safety pool cover.” Installation is also a crucial consideration – the pool cover should be installed properly and in a way that it doesn’t leave any openings on the sides for any small child or pet to sneak through.
Automatic pool covers, on the other hand, reduces the need for manually opening and closing the pool. Just push a button, and the cover opens and closes instantly. This is the best option if you want convenience in maintaining your swimming pool.
Aside from the quality of the pool covers themselves, you should also factor in how it’s going to be installed. To ensure a quality installation, you should only hire professional pool cover installers who will install your pool cover properly.
Always keep in mind that pool covers in Stockton of good quality are may cost you a lot at first; however, their benefits will eventually outweigh their initial cost, which makes them the best investment.