You can have a perfect summer holiday, having great fun in your garden, when it turns into a nightmare by an unattended child inadvertently walking into an open swimming pool that can prove fatal in a few minutes! How can you avoid such disastrous moments happening at your home? What are the safety devices like safety pool covers to make your pool a safe swimming pool?
Need for safety awareness
Having fun-filled enjoyable times at the swimming pool/spa if everyone’s goal. Teaching children safety habits right from start is needed. There are well-planned local safety edicts and laws which need to be adhered to strictly around swimming pools.
Basic safety features
A home swimming pool/spa needs implementation of safety devices like:
- Isolating from other parts of house
- Install self-locking and self-latching gates
- Doors and windows leading to pool locked
- Sufficiently high fences – 5 feet tall and with less than 4-inch wide gaps
- Non-climbable gates and fences
- Latches/locks beyond children’s reach
- Installation of alarms
- When not in use, by means of safety pool covers with locks, block all access to pool
- Teach swimming to children
- No toys left floating in water
- Anti-entrapment covers on pools’ drains
- Never allow any child unattended near pools
Some more important safety measures
Some more rules that help in avoiding untoward accidents like:
- Adequate lighting is a must around pools
- Avoid using pools if pool bottom is not visible – day or night
- Filter system/other mechanisms – not to be used for climbing or sitting
- Keep safety lines to delineate clearly shallow and deep areas
- Underwater alarm that sounds if and when anything hits the water
- Make all alarms audible enough inside and outside the house
- Store pool steps and ladders or lock behind a fence in when not in use
Protection of children – most essential
With more than 65% of drowning happening in swimming pools, safety concerns cannot be overemphasized enough. Most renowned firms like Pool Covers, Inc. have safety pool covers that are with child-proof locking mechanisms as well as strong enough to bear even more than one adult’s weight comfortably. They have products like safety pool fencing which is capable of creating a safety area around your swimming pool that cannot be breached by a child.
Make safety your first concern
Many sites like https://poolcoversinc.com give valuable advice about right safety devices for your swimming pool safety including safety pool covers. Have great fun times but safely with installation of all right safety devices.