Owning a hot tub at home is considered an incredible luxury that offers several opportunities to relax and recharge by yourself or bond with family and friends. Hot tubs are an investment, adding value to your home and giving you many years of relaxation and enjoyment. That’s why it is vital to do everything to keep it working for years to come.
Spa or hot tub covers in the East Bay are essential to keep the water and heat in, protect your watery haven from the elements, keep debris out, and prevent children and pets from falling in. If your current spa vinyl cover is battered down from wear and tear, it will no longer serve its purpose effectively. This means it’s time to replace it with a quality aluminum hot tub cover from Pool Covers, Inc. to protect your investment from the elements.
Three things to consider when buying quality hot tub covers
All hot tub covers have the same basic components, such as foam filling, vinyl coverings, inner plastic layers, locks and straps, outer covers, and many more.
How do you distinguish quality hot tub covers that will provide long service and value for your money? How do you select quality hot tub covers that reduce water, chemical, and energy consumption and protect your hot tub from the elements and extreme weather conditions? Are there hot tub covers crafted with care and designed with attention to detail? Are there hot tub covers that come with a warranty?
There are three things that you should consider when buying a quality hot tub cover:
- Durability – You may wonder, “How long will my hot tub cover last?” The durability of a hot tub cover will depend on the model. The quality of materials, build, design, and engineering used in the construction and manufacturing process are significant factors. A typical vinyl hot tub cover is expected to last a few years, especially if you have taken the initiative to provide extra care and maintenance.
If durability is one of the things you want in a hot tub cover, why not invest in an aluminum one? It is sturdy enough to handle the weight of children, pets, debris, and heavy snowfall while keeping dirt and debris out. An aluminum cover definitely lasts longer than any vinyl cover on the market.
- Savings on energy, water, chemicals, and repairs – A quality hot tub cover should not only be durable but can also help users save money on their energy and water bills and hot tub chemicals.
Pool Covers, Inc.’s aluminum hot tub covers are designed to prevent water evaporation, keeping the water and chemicals in. They are built with quality insulation materials that can help retain heat. In other words, they are designed to keep your hot tub clean and well-protected and to preserve the heat of the water to take off some of the work in your hot tub’s system to keep the water warm. There’s the additional bonus – the less work for your hot tub’s system, the less likely you’re going to spend on repairs.
- Warranty period – The length of the warranty depends on the hot tub manufacturers and retailers. Having an excellent warranty policy for your hot tub cover is essential, especially in case of damage or issues that may cause you to repair or replace it.
Tips for hot tub covers
When you are at the store or manufacturing facility shopping for pool covers, you should consider these tips to ensure you get a quality hot tub cover:
- Core strength – Foam cores are the heart of every hot tub cover. Check hot tub covers for strength, density, and thickness. Dense, thick, rigid, and strong foam is crucial for high-level insulation and bearing the weight of children, pets, and heavy snowfall without being damaged. You should also check whether the foam is fully and properly sealed to protect against moisture and waterlogging. In addition, inspect hot tub covers for metal channel support for the foam to keep it in shape.
Always remember that not all foam is the same, so it is important that a hot tub cover should be constructed with pure foam, not “regrind” (or recycled) foam.
- Scrim material – Check hot tub covers for their scrim material. Their scrim material and inner lining prevent moisture from entering the foam inside, deflect warmth back into the hot tub, and do not allow the heat to escape. A good scrim is made of double-ply polyester laminate material. The thicker the laminate, the more durable the hot tub cover as it reduces ripping. The scrim is treated and tested for resistance against mold and mildew, UV resistance, and resistance against cold cracks, with drain holes to prevent water build-up.
- Other features – Check hot tub covers for other features like locks and tie-down straps – high-quality covers should have them for securing the four corners of the hot tub, even during a hurricane or against human trespassers. A lot of hot tub cover manufacturers in East Bay offer tarpaulin covering that protects hot tub covers during the winter season.
- Fit and finish – You want a hot tub cover that is built to last and will provide additional strength and long-term durability. Quality spa covers should be reinforced throughout.
- Warranty – Check hot tub covers for warranty and free service or replacement guarantees. They are usually offered by East Bay hot tub cover manufacturers.
A quality cover will provide you with 3 to 5 years of useful life, or sometimes even more, depending on the surrounding environment in which it is installed and how it is cared for.
Your hot tub or spa can be the focus of your backyard or patio decor for fun gatherings with family and friends. So, take the immense pleasure of hot tubs year-round in East Bay’s salubrious weather for hot tubs that are well-maintained and protected with high-quality hot tub covers.
If you’re looking for more information about the best hot tub covers in East Bay, contact our experts at Pool Covers, Inc. With Pool Covers, you’ll know exactly what hot tub cover you are getting. You can rest assured that our experts will take care of everything, from the selection of the cover to the installation to after-sales support.